Good Heavens!!! Student Caught at Lagos Airport with 10.255kg of Drugs Hidden in Garri


Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) today arrested a student and four other
suspected drug traffickers with 10.255 kilogrammes of narcotics at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, (MMIA), Lagos.
Speaking on the arrest, NDLEA Airport Commander, Mr. Ahmadu Garba said that the suspects were ...
apprehended for their involvement in smuggling drug hidden in garri adding that two of the drug suspects were coming from Brazil with cocaine while three others were going to South Africa, Dubai and Pakistan when they were arrested.
Mr. Garba further gave the names of those apprehended as:
“26 year old student Okonkwo Daniel Anagor - caught with 2.810kgs of Tramadol on his way to Dubai.
Lawal Monsuru Ademola, 33 year old trader was arrested with 3.310kgs of methamphetamine on his way to South Africa
while Ogbonna Donatus Chigozie was caught attempting to smuggle 610 grammes of cocaine to Pakistan.
Two other suspects, Okoro Chibueze Augustine and Okpue Ernest Ifeanyi were caught with 2.575kgs and 950 grammes of cocaine from Brazil”.
Narrating his ordeal, one of the suspects, Mr. Okonkwo David Anagor who was to board Rwand Air flight to Dubai told anti-graft investigators that he wanted to
spend some time after his secondary school and further his education in Dubai.
According to him:
“I was travelling to Dubai to spend holiday
and further my studies but they called me
from Dubai that somebody will give me
garri in Lagos.
When I got to Lagos, the person called me
and gave me the bag of garri. This is my
first time of travelling outside the country.
At the airport, the garri was searched and
445 sachets of Tramadol were found
inside the bag. That was how I was
arrested”.
Also, Mr. Lawal Monsuru Ademola, a trader selling clothes at Marina Lagos who holds a Diploma in Computer Installations and Repairs at the Lagos State Polytechnic was caught on his way to South Africa with 3.310kgs of crystalline substance which tested positive for methamphetamine that was neatly packed in 26 parcels in a false bottom of his luggage.
Similarly, Ogbonna Donatus Chigozie was nabbed with 610 grammes of cocaine while attempting to board an Emirate flight to Pakistan. Okoro Chibueze Augustine who was expecting N2.5 million described his arrest as a bad luck.
In his words:
“I have lived in Brazil for a year and six
months. I have suffered trying to make
ends meet in Brazil. I got involved in drug
trafficking so as to start a legitimate
business. I expected to have made N2.5
million from the deal.
Unfortunately, my partner who would have
collected the drug in Dubai failed to show
up so I had to come to Nigeria with the
drug. That was not the original plan. This
is a bad luck and I feel so sad”.
He is single and hails from Imo State.
Okpue Ernest Ifeanyi who had lived in Brazil for a year said that he came to Nigeria for his traditional marriage
ceremony.
“I work in a restaurant in Brazil. I am 39
years old and I sincerely want to get
married and have a family. In the process
of trying to make more money, I was given
59 wraps of cocaine to take to Nigeria for
N400,000 naira. Now I realized I have
made a big mistake. I pray my woman will
find a place in her heart to forgive me. I
feel I am under a spell” he stated.
Vanguard Revealed
Share on Google Plus

About Jerry Paul

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comment: