All the Winners from Last Night Ballon d'Or Ceremony in Zürich


Lionel Messi has won the Ballon d’Or award for a record of 5 times.
The Argentina and Barcelona forward reclaimed the biggest individual accolade in world football at a lavish ceremony in Zurich, Switzerland on Monday, beating Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo, who it has been for the last two years.
He also finished ahead of fellow Barça frontman Neymar.

Argentina international Messi, who scored 48 goals for his club in 2015, said after being presented the award by 2007 Ballon d’Or winner Kaká:

“It is a very special moment for me to be back here on this stage, winning again another Ballon d’Or after being there in the audience watching Cristiano win.
It’s incredible this is my fifth. It’s much more than anything I’ve dreamed of as a kid.
I want to thank everyone who voted for me and I want to thank my team-mates – without them none of this would be possible.
Lastly, I want to thank football in general for everything it has brought me, both the bad and the good, because it has made me grow and learn.”

Awards in full
Women’s world player of the year: Carli Lloyd

Puskas award: Wendell Lira

World coach of the year for men’s football: Luis Enrique

World coach of the year for women’s football: Jill Ellis

World XI: Manuel Neuer; Thiago Silva, Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Dani Alves; Andrès Iniesta, Luka Modric, Paul Pogba; Neymar, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Fifa fair play award: All football organisations supporting refugees.

Share on Google Plus

About Jerry Paul

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comment: